Sunday, September 30, 2012


GOOD-BYE LUXOR

It’s my last day in Luxor.  My flight to Cairo leaves at 2300 (11PM) tonight, 30 September.  I am in Cairo for most of 1 October until Hassan takes me to the airport to catch my 2325 (11:25PM) flight to Freetown, Sierra Leone.

Hot Air Balloons Over Habu Hotel
The hot air balloons flying over the west bank do so in the early, early morning.  One of my deepest pleasures is to fly in the balloon, but this morning I must be content just to watch them float above me.  They are so silent except for the WHOOSHHHH of the flames that make them go higher still.

Floating In The Dawn Sky

It has been wonderful being here in Egypt with my dear, dear Egyptian families.  My soul is refreshed and ready for my journey to Sierra Leone where I will reside from 2 October until 6 January 2013.  My adventures will continue from there, so stay tuned!!!

Villager On His Way To Work

Mohamed and Kadja, 3 years

Mohamed and Ahmed, 14 months












Much Love To You All,
Mom/Grandma/Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment