Saturday, November 12, 2011

Meditation Stone Circle, Ireland 11-11-11

Howling wind and pelting rain greet me this morning, but I am feeling calm, almost too calm.  Cat and I are prepared for this weather by bringing our raincoats, plastic ponchos, gloves, hats, boots, warm socks and those silver “blankets” you see at football games.  We will not be deterred by the weather.
Arriving at the site of the stone circle called Uragh, we stay in the car until it is closer to the time of the meditation.  As we are sitting there we notice a little red car approaching and wonder if it is one of the locals or if it is coming to the circle.  Soon it arrives and parks next to us.  There is one passenger, a man.  He gets out of his car and pulls warm gear out of the trunk of his car.  After donning his gear, he nods at us and strides up the winding trail leading to the circle.  It is now 10:40.
We wait a few more minutes, get out of the car and begin to don our plastic ponchos.  The wind is so intense it is almost impossible to get them on, but we finally mange and begin our trek up the hill against the wind.
We make it to the top and see the man standing up against the tall stone sheltering from the worst of the wind.  Up here on the hill the wind is even stronger.  We find out later that it was blowing gusts of up to 55 miles per hour!  
I approach him and say “I’m going to ask a silly question - are you here for the Fire The Grid Meditation?  He smiles and acknowledges that he is. Then he helps me get settled on the ground with my silver blanket that threatens to blow away at any moment.  I offer to share some of it with him, but he says he’d rather stand.
Cat positions herself inside the circle with him and me up against the tall stone.  He asks if it is O.K. if he opens some gates (meaning gates in the universe) and I reply that it is.  Then I ask if I can play the special music given by the people of the light for this day and he accepts.
We spend the next hour each in our own meditation in the howling wind and occasional rain shower.  The wind blows like crazy and then we have a moment of calm.  The skies vary from completely socked in to periods of bright blue peeking through.  The sun never shines where we are, but does make the far away hills glow with golden light for a short time.

I give thanks for the cleansing wind and rain.
Most of the time my eyes are closed and I have too many visions to share them all here.  At one point the golden glow behind my lids is so bright I could swear the sun is shining through them.  The top of my head feels like the sun is beating down, but the sky is dark and grey.  I see swirls of violet, gold and white.  At another time a golden cross hovers, shimmering and pulsating.  Then it changes into a figure that dances and moves so gracefully that it brings tears to my eyes.  In another vision I see angels hovering over us and around us in all of their white and bright splendor.
 
From the vantage point of an astronaut I see the earth  covered with light coming up from under the surface.  In the universe around me golden light rains down to meet the light from the earth.  That’s a small part of the journeys I take during that hour.  I feel a great love and joy radiating out from my heart into the earth and then the sky then two great shudders rack my body as if I am given something back in return.
After the hour is over we all make our way back down to the car, the man is first.  When Cat and I reach the cars he is standing waiting for us.  We learn that he is from Switzerland, just found out about this circle and decided to be there today.  I thank him for being there and make the statement that 3 is the number of manifestation.  There is somewhat of a balance of feminine and masculine energy with his presence.  He is glad we are there too as he usually meditates with a small group in Switzerland instead of alone.
After he leaves, Cat and I decide to go up the hill from the ring to see the famine hut that supposedly is up there.  The road turns into a path- a slippery path.  We make it to the top and drive through into the car park, but decide not to go further, turn around and start back down the path when we meet a truck pulling a trailer coming up.  They want me to back up - HA!  In the best of times my backing up is tenuous let alone up an uphill slippery path.  I ask if one of them can back it up for me.
One of the other men gets out, I follow the older guy up the hill as my car is backed up with speed and accuracy.  The man asks where we are from and I tell him.  He asks what we are up the lane for.  I say to go to the famine hut.  He gestures at the slippery lane and says “You are a brave woman” :-).

These men are the sheep herders and have been out shearing their sheep.  In the trailer are bundles of freshly shorn wool some of it sticking out all fluffy and soft looking.
The rest of the afternoon is spent driving part of the rugged coast roads of the Ring of Beara.  We see the sign for another stone circle and investigate that one.  Instead of up on a hill as most are, this one is in the middle of a pasture at the bottom of a hill that is covered with boulders and giant rocks.  The moving glaciers during the melting of the ice age sure dropped some major stuff in this area.
We find a place called Josie’s that is open for lunch.  Cat has a sandwich and I have Irish stew.  The stew is delicious but I am feeling strange from the morning and can’t eat most of it.  I just want to sleep. 
From our window table we can see the water and massive hills surrounding it.  The wind is coming from all directions like a vortex.  It whips the water up into the air and blows the pampas grass almost to the ground. One major hill to the right is covered with trees and bare patches that are shaped like molten lava pouring down the side. The colors are muted dark greens, blacks, light and dark gold brown and dark purple. The other hills at the left are barren of trees, but have what appears to be low vegetation.  It is wild, beautiful and spellbinding.
We decide to make our way back to Kenmare before it gets dark.  The drive back is uneventful until we get almost into the town.  Cat says, “Mom, there’s a tree across the road!  Sure enough there is and it is blocking both lanes.  It is a huge tree that has fallen over due to the soft earth from the rain and, I’m sure, the wind.  What to do?
There are cars following me and we all just sit there for a moment.  Then the man in the car behind gets out and Cat gets out.  Just at that moment one of the trucks that was in line behind us pulls up in the right lane (remember we are driving on the left), opens his side door, reaches in and pulls out a chain saw!!!  He fires it up and proceeds to cut branches that are covering the road making a “tunnel” for us and those approaching from the other way, to get through.  Well, maybe not the big bus!  Cat and the man in the car behind us help pull the branches off the road.
In the states it would have been calls to the road crews and hours of waiting until the problem was solved.  I thanked him profusely and said an angel was watching over and sent him to help.  He grins from ear to ear.  Still don’t know the fate of the bus.
Since the lunch was a late one, no dinner for me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment