Sunday, April 12, 2015

SIERRA LEONE STATUS FOR 2015


Just Off The Beach; Hair Styled By The Wind and Face Kissed By The Sun

Those of you who were less than pleased about the possibility of my going to Sierra Leone in April/May will be happy that it has become not possible.  Even though Kenya Airways will resume flying into Salone from Johannesburg late this month, the South African government is making it almost impossible to leave and come back into the country.  On top of declaring the travel must be ESSENTIAL in their judgement, they are requiring an official letter from the Sierra Leone Health Minister stating I am not on any Ebola Contact List (meaning I have not been in contact with any Ebola victims), and then I must undergo a 21 day quarantine upon my return to SA.  I can understand the caution, but am sorely disappointed.

As most of you know I believe that thoughts become things and words have power, so I want to ask a big favor of you all.  When you think of me traveling picture me well, whole, happy and filled with joy, amazement, and peace.  That way I will surely stay “safe”.

My visa to Salone is over in June this year and my passport needs renewing.  After those things have been taken care of, and after my yearly “grandma trip”to see all my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and a stop in Egypt,  I will make the journey to Salone in mid-November staying until mid-May; as long as the visa allows!  

Will drive to the east coast, leave my car there and fly from DC.  Then I will drive back across to the west upon my return visiting again and including family and friends I did not see on the way over.  So much for a Fuzzy Future!!!!  But within these plans is a great deal of flexibility as I am always looking all around me to capture any opportunities out there.

Remember life is a mystery wherein all possibilities exist; embrace the mystery.

Much Love To You All,

Mom/Grandma Syrup/Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment