Thursday, March 27, 2014

HANGING OUT IN KABALA AT LAMTEC II
SIERRA LEONE, AFRICA

It was wonderful to hang out in Kabala with Mohamed, my African Grandson, for almost 2 weeks!!!  A brief visit to a village for a bonfire (last blog posted), the rest in Kabala.  I also had several visits from the District Staff: Zainab, Jalloh, Issa and Ibrahim.  They are SUPER busy now so I was honored they found the time to visit.

Some of you may be wondering why I do not accompany them on their daily rounds.  It is because they travel on a motorbike and there is no room for me.  And even if there were, Fambul Tok says I am not allowed to go on the bike for safety reasons and road conditions.


This blog will be mostly pictures about life in the Guest House compound.  Mohamed and his crew took very, very good care of me.  I am so blessed to be cared for by such warm and loving people.
Yep, they wear their pants low here too. Cute undies.
Hand Truck African Style

Mohamed Ironing with heat from charcoal in the iron

The iron. Lift up the top put in the charcoal - iron





















First Wash using scrubbing board and brush

















Eating Breakfast. Rice is a must as part of the meal





















The Bar at Lamtec II




















My bedroom
















My "bathroom" Bucket baths and pouring water in tank to flush
























Living Room of Guest House





















Hat is to keep off dust as he goes on the bike





















Mohamed (right) and Best Bud off to school

No comments:

Post a Comment