Monday, February 17, 2014

NOMAD IN SIERRA LEONE
2014

Once again I have decided to become a Nomad!!!  I am spending so much time up country it doesn’t make sense to maintain a room in Freetown as well as pay for guest houses while away.  In January I spent 6 nights in Freetown and in February, so far, 4 nights.

View From Balcony of House
On Friday night I gave Nancy my 30 day notice to vacate the room I am renting in her house not knowing where I would end up during stays in Freetown.  We began to have a conversation getting to know one another better.  After a bit she offered me a really generous alternative.  I can leave my things in the room I have been using for $100 per month and then pay $25 a night when I am in Freetown.  She said if she needs the room her staff will move my things to a room she doesn’t rent.  I am here to tell you trusting a solution will present itself works!  

There is a woman who is a friend of a friend of mine who also may wish to accommodate me.  We have had several conversations but have not had a chance to meet.  I told her we can discuss this when we meet.  If Nancy’s house is full, I may be able to stay with her on occasion.  And then there are always guest houses :-)  At any rate, all is falling into place and I am soooo grateful!

I am including some pictures of views of the ocean from the house and the street in front of the new location of Fambul Tok offices.  There are oil platforms that are
Oil Rig Dead Ahead!
now in place off shore in front of the house.  Rumor has it that the president is attempting to change the constitution so he can run for a third 5 year term and, indeed, the constitution is under review as I write this.  He wants to take advantage of the revenue the oil production will bring!!!

Much Love To You All,

Mom/Grandma Syrup/Sara


Check out the Dust - Road Construction



No comments:

Post a Comment